Marketing & Communications Associate
The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) is the world’s leading nonprofit organization for all those interested in the future of cities. We explore how increased urban density and vertical growth can support more sustainable and healthy cities, especially in the face of mass urbanization and the increasing effects of climate change worldwide.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a savvy storyteller who can create and deliver compelling narratives across a diverse digital ecosystem. The Marketing & Communications Associate is an integral part of CTBUH team, working directly with the Director of Marketing & Communications, the MarComm department, and other interdepartmental teams to produce high-quality content that supports a wide range of organizational initiatives, including international and regional conferences and events, digital and print publications, and targeted membership outreach, among numerous others.
CTBUH is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with offices in Italy and China. This position is located in downtown Chicago, with the opportunity to work from home on Fridays.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications, CTBUH leadership, and other departments to gather information on content topics for development
- Create and maintain an organization-wide content calendar, with a focus on stimulating engagement with members, partner organizations, employees, and other key communities
- Research, author, and steward mission-affirming content for integrated email marketing and social media campaigns, daily Global News features, websites and customized digital tools, advertisements, posters and event signage, presentations, and more
- Analyze website, social media, email, and other content performance; compile and analyze data in quarterly reports; and recommend areas of improvement
- Assist with the production of CTBUH publications, including image acquisition and citation and detailed review and proofreading
- Serve as a brand ambassador, ensuring adherence to stylistic standards and consistent application across platforms defined above
- Assist with a variety of other projects as needed; some administrative support for the Director of Marketing & Communications and CTBUH team generally
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Highly proficient in writing, editing, content creation and management, and measurement
- Highly proficient in email marketing and social media platforms, best practices, and strategy with a proven ability to increase and maintain engagement among key audiences
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, and proficient with content management systems (WordPress preferred) and web analytics (Google Analytics preferred)
- Impeccable attention to detail; able to meet tight deadlines while delivering high-quality work
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Passion for the mission of CTBUH
- Architecture or building industry experience; familiarity with terms used by the A/E/C industry and urban planning professions
- Nonprofit work experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Fonteva, Higher Logic, and other CRM or marketing automation platforms
- HTML and basic front-end web development knowledge
- Video editing experience
- Fluency in a language(s) in addition to English
Equal Opportunity Employer
We at CTBUH believe that our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our staff and those we serve. We encourage applicants to review our diversity statement at https://www.ctbuh.org/edi-committee-statement CTBUH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send a brief cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for this role, along with a résumé outlining your work experience, to [email protected].