2019 Global Walking Tour: Taipei
Thursday, 27 June 2019
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Details:Join CTBUH Urban Habitat / Urban Design Committee and TAIPEI 101 for the 2019 Taipei Global Walking Tour. The Taipei tour will turn the paradigm on its head by conducting a vertical (rather than traditional horizontal) walking tour. This will emphasize the evolving concept of vertical living that is transforming urban life.
The Global Walking Tours have been held since 2014 to celebrate urban habitat aspects that make cities great. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Council and the 10th World Congress, this year's tours will follow the theme 50 Forward | 50 Back and will celebrate the recent history and sustainable future of cities around the world. On 27 June, you can join a tour happening in your city, or follow along on Twitter using #CTBUHWalks.
- Meet at Nanshan Plaza, Xinyi District
- TAIPEI 101 via sky bridge
- TAIPEI 101 Shopping Mall
- B1 101 MRT Station / Sunken Plaza
- TAIPEI 101 Office Tower lobby
- Take the elevator to the 35F transfer lobby and visit the 7-11, Starbucks, coworking space 101-CLOUD and other amenities
- TAIPEI 101 Conference Center and Business Lounge
- Take the freight elevator to the 89F/88F observatory and see world’s largest Wind Damper at the closet distance
- Refreshments at 101F
- Return to 1F via elevators