The CTBUH is the world’s leading resource for professionals focused on the inception, design, construction, and operation of tall buildings and future cities. For our first ever Photo Contest, we ask participants to photograph The Urban Habitat of Tall Buildings from February 28 to March 1.
Skyscrapers have come a long way since the first was constructed in 1885; they’ve achieved staggering heights, incorporated powerful technologies, and become defining components of city skylines around the world. The next major challenge, it seems, is to consider how tall buildings can become better stewards of their urban surroundings, rather than just vertical extensions of an efficient floor plan.
Therefore, we’d like to see your photographs of tall buildings that contribute strongly to their urban habitat, whether that be through architectural gesturing, public space contributions, vertical connections, etc. Participants are encouraged to generate their own interpretation of this theme and provide a brief explanation in the caption. Show us your photos via Instagram and you could win a prize from a selection of CTBUH merchandise, described below.
What You Can Win:
The CTBUH will award one (1) overall grand prize to the winning photographer. The grand prize includes:
• 100 of the World’s Tallest Buildings Book ($80 value)
• CTBUH T-Shirt (black, green, fuchsia, or teal) ($20 value)
• Photo will be featured in the CTBUH Journal 2018 Issue II
• Photo will be featured in the May 1 CTBUH Newsletter
• Photo will be promoted across the CTBUH’s social media accounts
How to Enter:
1. Take an original photograph relevant to the theme of The Urban Habitat of Tall Buildings
2. Follow ctbuh_hq on Instagram
3. Post the photograph with the hashtag #CTBUHPhotoContest during the entry period
(from February 28 to March 31)