- The competition is open to all students who are registered at a University level. For graduating or recently graduated students: you must have been a registered student at least during the Fall 2011 term, i.e., August–December 2011.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- Participation in this competition is anonymous. You will be issued a registration number which will serve as the only means of identification during the entire judging process.
- Contact between participants and members of the jury is prohibited.
- Five “Finalists” will be selected to present their schemes at the CTBUH 2012 Shanghai Congress. Participation in the Congress and presentation to the jury is required as a condition of being awarded “Finalist” status and receiving the award (a travel stipend is provided for one representative per team, see Prizes section for more details). Finalist teams that do not attend will be disqualified and ineligible for the prizes.