Five international architecture firms, including Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), are vying for the chance to provide master planning services for Barangaroo Central, a six hectare site that will include commercial, residential and retail schemes near the waterfront.
The Master Plan will link Headland Park with the financial hub and include a landmark hotel.
Following detailed assessment and evaluation of the proposals, the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted five teams, including Australian and international firms representing 10 countries.
1. BIG, New York Office; Hassell, Australia
2. Woods Bagot, Australia; Scape, New York Office
3. UN Studio, Newtherlands; LAB architecture studio, Australia; NH Architecture, Australia; Imelk, USA
4. Sasaki Associates, USA; Diller Scofidio Renfro, USA; Jackson Teece, Australia
5. SOM, USA; Andersen Hunter Horne, Australia
The five teams will deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection in December. The Baragaroo Planning Authority intends to select a team within a few weeks of the presentations and to commence master planning work in the first quarter of 2013.