Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
 

CTBUH Launch New Research Journal

.
August 11
, 2011

CTBUH is proud to announce the launch of the new International Journal of High-Rise Buildings (IJHRB).
 
CFD analysis on Nakheel Tower design

The International Journal of High-Rise Buildings is a quarterly Journal which aims to provide an international forum for a broad range of technical papers on tall building research and its applications. The Journal aims to contribute to solving or mitigating global and local problems by collecting new ideas and report about developments from around the world. The scope of the International Journal of High-Rise Buildings includes, but is not limited to, the areas of:

-    Architectural Planning & Design
-    Construction Technology
-    Energy Savings
-    MEP
-    Structural Engineering
-    Sustainability

About 80% of the content will consist of pure research and technical papers, while the remaining 20% will be case studies. The journal aims to reach out not only to researchers, but also to practicing professionals who could benefit from the published research results. Contributions on research findings which are suitable for practical applications are especially welcome.


Themes and Production
Any theme regarding tall buildings is welcome. Papers will be published four times a year according to the following production schedule:

-    March 2012: Papers due on October 1, 2011
-    June 2012: Papers due on December 1, 2011
-    September 2012: Papers due on March 1, 2012
-    December 2012: Papers due on June 1, 2012

Editorial Board
The Editorial Board of the IJHRB consists of Co-Chief-Editors, Managing Editors and Members, all of them appointed for a two-year term. Each issue will be steered by one of the four Co-Chief-Editors:

-    Prof. Sang Dae Kim, Korea University
-    Prof. Shinsuke Kato, University of Tokyo
-    Prof. Guo-Qiang Li, Tongji University, China
-    Prof. William Bahnfleth, The Pennsylvania State University

Editors may be invited to compose special issues of the International Journal of High-Rise Buildings.

Call for Papers
We would like to invite all tall building researchers to consider submitting a paper for the International Journal of High-Rise Buildings. Papers will be peer reviewed by three experts and we ask to submit papers five months before the scheduled publication date.

For more information on submitting a paper for publication in the International Journal of High-Rise Buildings, please visit Paper Submission Guide.