|London skyline featuring The Shard.|
||Monday, January 29 2018|
||Royal Institute of British Architects|
66 Portland Place
London, United Kingdom, W1B 1AD
||CTBUH United Kingdom Chapter|
Zaha Hadid Architects
The main focus of the second event co-organized by Zaha Hadid Architects and the CTBUH UK Chapter is to investigate and speculate on the design and the geometry of the tall buildings of the future. Starting from the indissoluble interrelationship between architectural geometry and structural system, the discussion will explore how the requirements of integration of structure and architecture are getting increasingly stringent in supertall towers.
- What are the main drivers in designing tall towers' geometry?
- Are aerodynamic form and geometry more appropriate to increasingly tall buildings?
- How are architectural and structural design responding to requirements for efficiency, wind loads, core position, and vertical transportation in always-higher towers?
- How can collaborations between different disciplines improve towers' overall performance and sustainability?
- How can new digital tools and latest technologies contribute to the success of a tall building?
A panel of architects and engineers will present speculations on the topic, with particular attention paid to how collaborative efforts could be implemented between the two disciplines.
|5:30 p.m. Registration & Welcome Drinks|
6:00 p.m. Presentations
7:30 p.m. Q&A
7:50 p.m. Networking Drinks
View the event flyer.
Chair: Viviana R. Muscettola, CTBUH UK Chapter Advisory Member & Associate Director, Zaha Hadid Architects
Chair: Katrin Forster, International Key Account Manager, ABB
Patrik Schumacher, Principal, Zaha Hadid Architects
Eric Parry, Founder & Principal, Eric Parry Architects
Kai-Uwe Bergmann, Partner, Bjarke Ingels Group
Dominic Bettison, Director, WilkinsonEyre
Bernhard Doerstel, Global Product Group Manager, ABB
Chris Carroll, Director, Arup
Kamran Moazami, Head of Discipline, Building Structures, WSP
Anil Hira, CTBUH India Chapter Vice-Chair & Project Principal, BurroHappold Engineering
||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. |