The Council typically initiates its Call for Awards in the month of March each year. This begins an open submission period where companies can submit their projects for consideration for the CTBUH Awards. The submission period closes at the end of April. The Best Tall Building Regional Award Winners are selected by the Awards Jury, and following ratification by the CTBUH Board of Trustees, are announced in July, along with the Lifetime Achievement winners, which are selected by the Board of Trustees. The Regional Winners present their projects during the Awards Symposium prior to the Ceremony & Dinner. Attendance at the Symposium is free. Following the presentations, the Jury selects th overall Best Tall Building Worldwide. The Jury also endeavors to have at least one jury member visit each regional building winner prior to the Symposium. All awards are conferred at the annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner following the Symposium. This gala dinner is an event for 300 colleagues from around the world.
Best Tall Building Awards
The Best Tall Building awards are decided by the Awards Jury, with the decisions ratified by the CTBUH Board of Trustees. Candidates for the CTBUH’s Best Tall Building awards must be submitted by a representative from the building’s client/consultant team. To submit a building for one of the Council’s Best Tall Building Awards, the client/consultant team must complete the Best Tall Building nomination form in its entirety and submit to the CTBUH along with relevant images and drawings. Required submission information includes: Building Data, Project Team Information, Text Description, and Images/Drawings.
- There are no entry or submission fees associated with the CTBUH Awards Program.
- A single organization is welcome to submit multiple nominations so long as each project meets the qualifying criteria. A separate submission form is required for each nomination.
- A project is only eligible for consideration of a CTBUH Best Tall Building award once, and cannot be submitted in a consecutive year’s awards program regardless of whether it may still meet the completion date criteria.
- Projects submitted for the CTBUH “10 Year” or “Innovation” Awards can be considered in multiple award years, so long as it is formally resubmitted through the standard nomination process in a given year.
Lifetime Achievement Awards
The Lifetime Achievement awards are selected by the CTBUH Board of Trustees. General submissions are not accepted for these awards.
Winners: CTBUH Expectations
All Best Tall Building and Lifetime Achievement winners carry the following expectations (pertaining to the building owner/lead consultants in the case of winning buildings):
- Winners are expected to attend the annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner in October to collect their award and give a short acceptance speech.
- Winners are expected to attend and present at an afternoon symposium on the winning project/lifetime’s work on the day of the Awards Ceremony & Dinner.
- Additional and comprehensive material must be provided for inclusion in the CTBUH Annual Awards Publication.
- Occasionally, winners may be invited to sit on the awards jury the following year.