|January 23, 2013|
|See other staff openings|
There is now a need for a CTBUH Editor to write and coordinate the increasing amount of written output of the Council, promote the Council in the media and work with our members and other affiliates globally to coordinate the Council’s outreach efforts.
In particular the Editor will:
1. Serve as Coordinating Editor of the CTBUH Journal – the main, multi-disciplinary quarterly publication of the Council. Responsibilities include: steering the overall direction of the journal; planning/scheduling of content; solicitation of externally authored papers; coordinating the peer review process; contributing to written content; proofing/editing, etc.;
2. Develop, write and coordinate content for new and existing digital platforms, including the existing CTBUH website; the monthly e-newsletter; e-blasts; and social media platforms;
3. Lend contributory and editing support across CTBUH publications and other outputs, including the numerous books, reports and proceedings produced annually;
4. Write and coordinate press releases on the myriad of CTBUH initiatives and deliverables;
5. Develop and maintain effective press & media contacts;
6. Create and develop new communications/outreach efforts.
Ideally this new colleague will come from a building industry background, with relevant knowledge of the architectural, construction or engineering industry. The candidate should portray excellent techniques of oral and written communications, as well as strong interpersonal relations skills. Prior editing and writing experience is essential. A Bachelors Degree qualification is required. Please note that the CTBUH operates internationally and there is the potential for overseas travel in this role.
Initial Applications should include a letter describing suitability to the role envisaged; full curriculum vitae; portfolio/evidence of experience relevant to the role; and samples of written work.
Position filled, please see other staff openings.
For more information contact Amy Meek, CTBUH Office Manager: email@example.com.
|The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) is an international non-profit organization that operates from the campus of IIT. Founded in 1890, IIT is a private, Ph.D.-granting university that awards degrees in engineering, the sciences, architecture, law, design, psychology, humanities, and business. The Main Campus is located minutes from downtown Chicago and its beautiful lakefront, and was designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, one of the 20th century’s most influential architects. Visit www.iit.edu for more information.|
Competitive benefits including tuition remission for employee/dependents. Free shuttle to and from Union/Ogilvie stations. Easy access to campus by CTA.
Apply online at www.iitri.iit.edu.
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.