Country Representative, Canada (2009-present)
Committee; Stability, Chair (1999-2001)
Joining Halcrow Yolles in 1974, Barry's career progression as an engineer has increased to include technical and business development roles within the company. As Principal Engineer, his responsibilities include working on many projects of varying size while maintaining responsibilities for conceptual design, construction drawings, specification production, and site reviews.
Barry's area of expertise includes structural steel, reinforced and post tensioned concrete, as well as hybrid high-rise structures in Canada, the United States of America, China, and Germany. Other projects include cultural arts centers across North America, hotel and residential structures, casinos, churches, and sports and community centers.
Committee work includes the NCARB preparation for the Architect's exams; the associate professional to the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, as well as the technical committee for the development of CSA Standard S16 01 Design of Structural Steel for Buildings; CEO Quality Assurance Standards for Engineering Practice in Ontario; and professional advisor in bringing high performance concrete in Toronto.
Barry's Professional Affiliations and Memberships include:
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Professional Engineers Manitoba
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada
- Canadian Institute for Steel Construction
- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, Associate Professionals Group
- Consulting Engineers of Ontario
- Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Network of Centres of Excellence on High-Performance Concrete, Professional Advisory Group
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta
- Structural Engineering Institute – Charter Member