Tuesday, February 2, 2010
The 2010 annual Trustees meeting took place prior to the CTBUH 2010 World Conference Mumbai, in the same venue as the conference, the Renaissance Hotel Mumbai. CTBUH Chairman Professor Sang Dae Kim opened the meeting with a welcome to the Board, and to new Trustees Peter Irwin of RWDI and Tim Johnson of NBBJ in particular.
Items for discussion during the day included:
1. An update on 2009 finances and 2010 budget (including the positive results of the recent financial audit)
2. Staffing Strategies
3. Relationship between CTBUH and IIT, and the upcoming expiration of the initial collaboration contract.
4. Working Group's Activities & Action Plan for 2010
5. Creation of New Working Groups (such as Wind Engineering and others)
6. Country Representative Role & Activities
7. CTBUH Leader Messages (Monthly Newsletter & Quarterly Journal)
8. Educational Program for Advanced Studies
9. Participation of academic people in the Council generally
10. Participation of Major Construction Companies in the Council generally
11. Other Business
The meeting concluded in the early evening, allowing the Trustees to attend the Mumbai Conference VIP Reception.
Seven of the nine-member Board of Trustees attend the February meeting in Mumbai. Clockwise from left: Tim Johnson, NBBJ; Bill Baker, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLP; Peter Irwin, Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc.; Bill Maibusch, Turner International; Sabah Al Rayes, Pan Arab Consulting Engineers; Sang Dae Kim, Korea University; Antony Wood, CTBUH/IIT